Homemade Natural Cleaning Products with Essential Oils
Getting chemicals out of family homes is one of my biggest driving forces these days. I’m personally driven specifically by getting them out of homes with kids and animals living in them, but, check out this fact: women put an average of more than 500 chemicals in or on their bodies every. single. day. WHAT? That’s insane, right. Nope, check it out right here.
So, if you’re putting all these chemicals in and on your body, and on your baby’s body (whether she has fur or hair), what’s that doing to you? Ugh. Bad things. So, what can you do about it? Well, first, don’t freak out. Take baby steps. Get each chemical out of your home that you can identify and swap it for SOMETHING better. Then go in and do it again.
Each time you swap something, you do better and you make your home healthier. Go check your labels. Limit yourself to what you can handle, maybe three a day. Replace what you can. If you can’t replace it yet, use it until it’s out and do better next time you purchase that product.
If you’re looking for a great kit to buy for natural non-toxic cleaning, the first big purchase I made was the Thieves Premium Starting Kit. More into DIY? Check out these awesome homemade products you can make with healthy ingredients…
Bathroom Natural Cleaning Products
1. Homemade Kid-Friendly Toothpaste Recipe from Veggie Converter
2. DIY Natural Toilet Bombs from Overthrow Martha
3. DIY Moisturizing Foaming Hand Soap from The Rising Spoon
4. DIY Non-Toxic Bathtub Scrub Cleaner from Good Girl Gone Green
All-Purpose Natural Cleaning Products
5. DIY Granite Cleaner Recipe from Living the Nourished Life
6. DIY All-Purpose Cleaner from Overthrow Martha
7. Natural Cleaning Recipe with Vinegar from Good Girl Gone Green
8. Multi-Purpose Kombucha Cleaner from Good Girl Gone Green
9. Natural Adhesive Remover from Overthrow Martha
Laundry Natural Cleaning Products
10. DIY Wool Dryer Balls from Veggie Converter
11. Homemade Powder Laundry Detergent from Real Food RN
12. Homemade Bleach Recipe from Thank Your Body
13. Natural Laundry Fabric Softener from Overthrow Martha
Deodorizers/Room Spray Natural Cleaning Products
14. DIY Smelly Odor Knockout Spray from The Rising Spoon
15. Energizing Citrus Room Spray Recipe from Our Heritage of Health
16. Homemade Carpet Deodorizer from Holistically Engineered
17. DIY Trash Can Deodorizer from Overthrow Martha
What are your favorite homemade natural cleaning products?
Looking for essential oils to make all this awesome stuff? I got myself a kit just like this one and never looked back!