These vegan wonton wrappers are surprisingly easy to make yourself. Give it a try. You'll be whipping up egg rolls, wontons, and dumplings at home in no time!
Vegan Wonton Wrappers
2 cups flour or gluten-free alternative
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup warm water
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup warm water
- arrowroot flour
- Mix all ingredients except arrowroot flour.
- Knead dough on surface powdered with cornstarch (flour tends to make the wrappers tougher) until smooth.
- Cover with a towel and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. Roll one half out as thin as you can and cut, with a pizza cutter into 16 3 x 3-inch squares per half (32 total). Repeat for the other half of dough. If you can't get 32 that's fine. Depending on the day, sometimes I can only roll it thin enough for 24 wontons.
- Store in an airtight bag in the fridge or freezer with cornstarch sprinkled between sheets.