Adapted from Minestrone Soup.
4 cups black beans, cooked
5 Roma tomatoes, diced (about 2 cups)
2 ears corn, roasted and kernels cut off cob (about 1 cup)
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced and sauteed
House seasoning, to taste
Slow Cooker Method
Instant Pot Method
Place all ingredients in the instant pot.
Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
Allow pressure to release naturally.
It's a little more work with the fresh ingredients, but oh my is the taste delicious! The flavor of the roasted corn really comes through. All of us absolutely loved this version.
- 4 cups Easy Slow Cooker Vegetable Broth
- 4 cups black beans, cooked
- 5 Roma tomatoes, diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 ears corn, roasted and kernels cut off cob (about 1 cup)
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced and sauteed
- House seasoning, to taste
- Slow Cooker Method
- Saute mushrooms in a bit of olive oil until tender. Meanwhile, roast corn. See This Post for details and images on grilling corn on the cob. Peel back husks of corn, remove silk. Fold husks back up. Place corn in a bowl and cover with water; soak for 20 minutes. Drain. Grill corn, covered, over medium-high heat for 20-35 minutes or until husks are blackened and corn is tender, turning several times. Cool and cut off kernels.
- Put a bit of olive oil in the bottom of a 6-quart crock. Place all ingredients in slow cooker (adding corn and mushrooms when complete). Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Instant Pot Method
- Place all ingredients in the instant pot.
- Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Allow pressure to release naturally.