For this month’s The Secret Recipe Club, I was assigned Eat Laugh Love, a blog written by Denise Evans. She has a great passion for food and a ton of yummy, adventurous recipes. I really wanted to try her recipe for Pumpkin Gingerbread Blueberry Muffins, but I’ve been trying to get Mr. Meaty more involved with menu planning. So, when I narrowed down the choices to four, he picked Chicken Cordon Bleu Pizza. The other delicious options were Baked Shrimp and Veggie Egg Rolls and Fried Chicken. I hope to try converting them all to veggie favorites in the future.
But, on today’s plate, is “Chicken” Cordon Bleu Pizza, which I converted to veggie by using chickpea flour for the “chickeny” protein and avocado for the ham.
Chickpea Cordon Bleu Pizza
1 large red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 C red bell pepper, diced
4 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
2 T Dijon mustard
2 T Herbs de Provence
1 C grated Swiss cheese
Mix the garlic, sour cream, mustard, and Herbs de Provence in a small bowl. Spread the sauce on the dough, spreading to the edges of the dough.
- Pizza Crust
- 2 T butter
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 C red bell pepper, diced
- 1 C button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- 2 T Herbs de Provence
- 1 C chickpeas
- 1 C grated Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven and pizza stone at 450 degrees.
- Caramelize the onions in butter for about 20 minutes, until they begin to brown. Add bell pepper and mushrooms and sauté until softened.
- Roll the pizza dough into a round shape on parchment paper that has been sprinkled with cornmeal. Trim the paper around the dough so the paper does not burn.
- Mix the garlic, sour cream, mustard, and Herbs de Provence in a small bowl. Spread the sauce on the dough, spreading to the edges of the dough.
- Cover with the cooked vegetables and chickpeas. Evenly sprinkle the cheese over the entire pizza.
Recipe Source: VeggieConverter.com
This post is shared at·Mouthwatering Mondays, My Meatless Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Cravings, Just Another Meatless Monday,·Homemaker Monday.·Meatless Mondays,·Mingle Monday, Mangia Monday, Made By You Mondays and Monday Mania.