Blueberry Sourdough Pancakes?! What can be better in the morning? Well, perhaps gluten-free blueberry sourdough pancakes prepared by your daughter with the help of our fluffy black cat? Yeah, that’ll do.
VeggieConverter’s Note: My lovely daughters, who you may know as Bug/Tall Fry and Goose/Small Fry have decided it’s high time they contribute their own recipes to the blog. I don’t disagree. As I’ve mentioned in previous posts, I’m not much of a morning person. Usually, their dad, Mr. Meaty is the breakfast guru. But Goose and Bug have become quite adept at whipping up morning masterpieces lately.
Over the years they’ve both developed their niches in the kitchen, with Bug leaning toward baking and Goose veering more toward cookery. With that introduction, I’ll step away and present you with the first recipe of Bug & Cat’s Bakery Course.
Bug and Cat’s Blueberry Sourdough Pancakes
Adapted from Sourdough Pancakes
- 2 cups gluten-free flour (I use THIS flour)
- blueberries and chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 cup sourdough starter (make your own or buy THIS)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 large egg
- Baking surface
- Butter or oil spray
- Whisk or wooden spoon
- Beat the egg.
- Mix all ingredients except blueberries and chocolate chips.
- Butter your baking surface.
- Scoop the pancakes onto your baking surface.
- Place the blueberries and chocolate chips onto the pancake scoops.
- Flip pancakes once every few minutes until fully cooked and enjoy.
These pancakes are fantastic. And, bonus, we can all eat them. We actually don’t throw in the chocolate chips at the beginning because not all of us like the chocolate chips. So, we make the first bunch of pancakes with just blueberries and then mix in chocolate chips for those who want the chocolate. Win!
I hope you enjoy Bug’s first official recipe. I know we did. 🙂
After you try these, check out some of our other scones, on the site, too! I’m a big fan of the cranberry-orange combo.