We love tacos and Mexican food in general in our house. But sometimes we like to add a little variety to our taco nights. Which type of variety that is varies on which family member you ask. So we serve our taco bars with multiple proteins, multiple toppings choices and multiple shell choices to allow everyone to create what they like.
The real key to this type of meal, in my opinion, is the Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix. We mix a quadruple batch up in a large (16 ounces) leftover minced onion spice container and use it regularly. It makes tacos and other Mexican dishes much more frugal and is easy to mix up. Bonus for those with allergies: it’s gluten free.
- 1 cup chickpeas cooked
- 1 cup seitan, chopped
- 1 cup black beans, cooked
- 1 cup Lentil and Rice Ground Beef Substitute
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix
- Soft flour tortillas
- Soft corn tortillas
- Hard taco shells (don’t judge me for the red; they were on clearance)
- Lettuce, torn or shredded
- Cilantro, fresh
- Cheese (vegan, if desired)
|Vegan Taco Proteins|