Today's This Week's Cravings theme is Your BEST Pumpkin Recipe and I'm sharing my all-time favorite pumpkin recipe: Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins. These are a regular treat at our house and they just keep getting more delicious and difficult to resist. Today, I made them with half whole wheat pastry flour and half white flour with walnuts on top. Pecans and toasted pumpkin seeds also make delicious toppings.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
8 ounces cream cheese
3 cups gluten-free flour (or all-purpose flour)
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons nutmeg
2 teaspoons cloves, ground
¼ teaspoons ginger, ground
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ cups chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Mix dry ingredients.
Mix wet ingredients.
Place one small scoop of batter in muffin tins.
Add a pat of cream cheese to each muffin well.
Place another small scoop of batter over the cream cheese, making sure to cover the pat.
Top with walnuts, if desired.
Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 22 minutes
My This Week's Cravings co-hostesses are: Tina at Moms Crazy Cooking, Kristen at From My Tiny Kitchen, Angie at Big Bear's Wife and Nicole at The Daily Dish.
This Week's Cravings Upcoming Linky "THEMES"
Here is a complete list of the past and what's coming up next on THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS!
- November 21 - Thanksgiving Dinner & Desserts
- November 28 - French Toast, Pancakes, Waffles & More
- December 5 - Christmas Baking: Sweets, Treats, Candy & Gift Ideas
- December 12 - Macaroni and Cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3 cups gluten-free flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cloves, ground
- ¼ teaspoons ginger, ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 ¼ cups applesauce or yogurt
- ½ cups chop walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Mix wet ingredients.
- Place one small scoop of batter in muffin tins.
- Add a pat of cream cheese to each muffin well.
- Place another small scoop of batter over the cream cheese, making sure to cover the pat.
- Top with walnuts, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 22 minutes