I love potato soup, and it’s toggling back and forth between soup weather and non-soup weather here. So I grabbed the chance to make this delicious dish on a cool, drizzly day.
The slow cooker potato soup can be made vegetarian or vegan based on which homemade cream of seitan or mushroom is used. I created this version with a vegetarian cream of mushroom, but would love to try this again with a cream of seitan or even cream of chickpea soup another day.
This slow cooker potato soup is super tasty and very simple to make. Crockpot meals are the best!
Slow Cooker Potato Soup
Adapted from Easy Crockpot Potato Soup.
4 medium potatoes, diced small
1 bell pepper, diced
1 onion, diced
1.5 cups (1 “can”) Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup
8 ounces cream cheese (vegan, if desired)
Add all ingredients, except cream cheese to a 4-quart slow cooker and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
Add in cream cheese and cook on high for 30 minutes before serving.
Instant Pot Method
Add all ingredients, except cream cheese, to instant pot and cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
Allow pressure to release naturally.
Stir in cream cheese and cook on saute mode until melted and heated through.
I really enjoyed the simplicity of this potato soup. I’m still a huge fan of the Loaded Baked Potato Soup I made earlier this year (way back on Day 77), but this soup is definitely a keeper, too. And the slow cooker makes it incredibly simple.
Love the recipe? Pin it, please!
- 4 medium potatoes, diced small
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1.5 cups (1 "can") Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup*
- 4 cups Easy Slow Cooker Vegetable Broth
- 8 ounces cream cheese (vegan, if desired)
- *see green bean casserole for the cream of mushroom soup recipe.
- Add all ingredients, except cream cheese to a 4-quart slow cooker and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Add in cream cheese and cook on high for 30 minutes before serving