Another Paleo (ish) recipe today. This one uses green beans, which are sometimes considered a Paleo no-no, sometimes not. But, if you eat green beans, this green bean casserole is an amazing grain-free vegan Thanksgiving side dish. We’re going to need all the help we can get this Thanksgiving to make a few things we can all eat. So getting this long-time favorite converted into a grain-free dairy-free dish is a big step.
Green Bean Casserole
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed, cut into 3-inch pieces and blanched
- 1.5 cups Homemade Gluten-free Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 3/4 cup dairy-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon House seasoning or black pepper
- 1 1/3 cups French fried onions, divided
- Optional add-in: 1 cup chickpeas, cooked
Preheat oven to 350.
Spray a 2-quart casserole dish.
Mix together all ingredients (including chickpeas, if using), except 2/3 cup of French fried onions.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Add remaining French fried onions and bake for 5 more minutes.