I’ll be making a good luck black-eyed peas and collard greens dish for New Year’s Day and I want you to be prepared with the ingredients in case you want to make it that day as well.
Here it is:
Crockpot Vegetarian Hoppin’ John
- Ingredients1 pound dry black eyed peas, soaked overnight4 C chicken-style or veggie broth1 pound vegan smoked sausage, sliced1 7 oz. can chopped green chiles1 bunch of collard greens or kale, chopped1/2 teaspoon kosher salt1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dried hot pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp. hickory smoked “bacon” salt (optional)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1-2 C long-grain white rice