I found this awesome recipe at 101cookbooks, but I unfortunately could not find farro anywhere nearby. Such is life. I read that bulgur is a great substitute so I went with that.
Millet and Bulgur Risotto
Adapted from Farro and Millet Risotto,.
- 1/2 cup millet, uncooked
- 2 2/3 cups olive oil
- House seasoning, to taste
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 cups yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 1/3 cups bulgur, semi-pearled
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 2/3 cup parmesan substitute
- 1 tablespoon asparagus, chopped
- 1 tablespoon peas, whole fresh
- 1 cup water
Place all ingredients except asparagus and peas in rice cooker. Cook on white rice setting, adding asparagus and peas about 5 minutes before cycle is complete.
Delicious and creamy. And the snap of the vegetables is fantastic.