Citrus carrot cake made simple in the bread machine? Yes, please.
I have a really cool bread machine, and I’ve been experimenting with cakes in it lately. Not because it’s any faster, but with two toddlers, it’s a little more convenient. I can toss the ingredients in and walk away. Come back two hours later and there’s cake.
So, I decided to try this Yummy Scrummy Carrot Cake recipe (go to the site to find the “normal” baking directions if you don’t have a bread machine). It looks delicious and a little different than my usual carrot cake. I love that it has orange rind in the cake and orange juice in the glaze. I’ve never seen that in carrot cake, but it’s so yummy!
This cake is so moist and delicious and I really like the orange glaze, even though I would usually frost with cream cheese icing. I think the citrus glaze makes it a more refreshing, breakfasty cake.
Fantastic. I’d definitely make this again.
Citrusy Carrot Cake
3/4 cup sucanat (like this) or light brown sugar
3/4 cup coconut oil, (like this) melted
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
4 medium grated carrots (about 1/2 cup)
grated zest of 1 large orange
3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1/3 cup raisins
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2-4 Tablespoons orange juice
Place all cake ingredients in bread machine and use CAKE cycle.
Let cake cool and whisk together icing ingredients. Pour over cake.
- 3/4 cup sucanat (like this) or light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, (like this) melted
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 medium grated carrots (about 1/2 cup)
- grated zest of 1 large orange
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2-4 Tablespoons orange juice
- Place all cake ingredients in bread machine and use CAKE cycle.
- Let cake cool and whisk together icing ingredients. Pour over cake