We love green bean casserole around here. But, in the summertime it's just a bit too creamy. So this cheesy green bean skillet sounds like a great stand-in. And, bonus, I can make it in my rice cooker. No hot oven and so simple.
Cheesy Green Bean Skillet
Adapted from Cheesy Green Bean Skillet.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon House seasoning
- 1 cups cheddar cheese (Daiya vegan, if desired), shredded
- 2 cups green beans or snap beans, fresh
Have I told you how much I love my rice cooker? Well, I do. Cheesy and delicious, and so simple to make. Loved it.