I actually made these pickled Summer squash a while back from squash in my CSA box. But I’m not a big fan of pickles, so it took me a while to crack open a jar and give them a try. They’re delicious! I think I dislike most pickles because I’m not a fan of dill. These are dill-free and fantastic!
Recipe Source: VeggieConverter.com
- 7-8 cups bite-sized broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 3 Tablespoons fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons vegan (fish sauce|https://veggieconverter.com/2012/05/vegan-fish-sauce-vegan-whole-food.html|)
- 1 Tablespoons sucanat or other natural sweetener
- 1/2-1 teaspoons hot pepper flakes (optional)
- Mix lime juice, fish sauce, sucanat and hot pepper flakes. Toss other ingredients together and pour mixture over broccoli. Serve.
Who knew I could like pickles?