Today is the final day to enter the Back-to-School giveaway! You have until Midnight Tonight EST to enter here! I’m absolutely ecstatic to share about the LunchBlox from Rubbermaid with you today, our final product review before the giveaway.
The Rubbermaid LunchBlox Sandwich Kit is what I received from Rubbermaid to review and I’m absolutely in love with it for Bug’s little lunches. It is the PERFECT system for her and for a lot of kids her age. It keeps each little food separate (not touching for goodness sake!) in its own little bin. And, it’s a great way to get the right portions according to the new ChooseMyPlate.gov nutrition system!
Tips for Filling your LunchBlox:
- Sandwich blox–Use that big portion for veggies! So, instead of sandwiches, which, for some reason my daughter’s decided she can’t eat at school (no clue why, believe me, I’ve asked…a lot), I pack a bunch of veggies. This can be as simple as carrot sticks or as complex as Chinese stir-fry. Honestly, sometimes, with school lunches, simple is better! It seems to me like the more effort I put in, the less of it she eats. So, if I just put in plain ingredients, unadulterated, she’s going to gobble them up!
- The long blox--Now it’s time to fill that rectangle block (the one that’s double the little cubes)…with grains! Whether it’s rice, noodles or crackers, I jam this section full of whole grain goodness. Granola would be a great choice, too! But, for me, that’s a little complicated, since Bug’s school is nut-free. I’ll need to switch up my granola recipe to comply.
- Tiny cube 1–Proteins…now here’s the exciting part for the flexitarian kid. For Bug, she could have anything in here from chickpeas to deviled eggs to uncured pepperoni. She, after all, eats some meats. If I can handle touching it, I slide in some cold cuts. Otherwise, I throw in chickpeas or even hummus.
- Tiny cube 2--Fruits are Bug’s absolute favorite. And this is an easy bin to fill. Bug would probably prefer this to be in the sandwich bin, but hey, I’m the Mommy, right? So, I stuff this as full as possible with mangos, strawberries, grapes, whatever I have in my crisper that day.
LunchBlox Nutrition System
- Sandwich blox–VEGGIES: as simple as carrot sticks or as complex as Chinese stir-fry. Sometimes, with school lunches, simple is better!
- The long blox–GRAINS: Whether it’s rice, noodles or crackers, I jam this section full of whole grain goodness. Granola would be a great choice, too!
- Tiny cube 1–PROTEINS: Chickpeas, deviled eggs or uncured pepperoni are a few of our favorites.
- Tiny cube 2–FRUITS: Mangos, strawberries, grapes, whatever is in the crisper that day.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Note: While Rubbermaid provided me with products for the giveaway, my opinions are 100% my own. See my full disclosure policy here. This promotion, open to U.S. residents only, is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. I hereby release Facebook of any liability. Winner(s) will be contacted by email 48 hours after the giveaway ends. If you have any additional questions – feel free to send an email to [email protected].