Today’s This Week’s Cravings theme is Mexican Appetizers, Avocado Recipes and Homemade Salsas. I tried out a new Guacamole recipe for the Big Game a few weeks back and I’m sharing that recipe today. It was a hit with everyone and not overwhelmingly spicy, but spicy enough to be delicious. We’ve repeated the recipe twice since then and are still madly in love with it. I hope you enjoy it also.
Adapted from Spicy Seasoned Loaded Guacamole
- 2 avocados, fairly soft, peeled and pit removed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- 2-3 drops lime essential oil (optional), I buy mine HERE
- 1 teaspoon House seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 1 Serrano pepper, minced (seeded, if desired…if you’re spicy sensitive, swap in a jalapeno)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 roma tomato, pulp removed, then diced
We love, love, love this guacamole. It’s nice and chunky, allowing the avocado to shine and not so spicy that you can’t taste the wonderful flavor of the avocado and accouterments. Delicious.