Our CSA box had a pound of yellow plums in it recently. I’ve never had yellow plums before and my first instinct was to treat it like other plums, add some sugar and create some dessert out of it. But after googling yellow plums, I found some yummy-sounding sweet and savory salad recipes. So, I decided to head that direction.
Yellow Plum Salad
Adapted from Yellow Plum Salad.
- 1 bell pepper, cut in narrow rings
- 8 yellow plums, halved and pitted (about 1 pound)
- 2 fuji apples, cubed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) feta cheese
- 1 cup walnuts
Place bell pepper, apples and plums in large bowl or bag. Mix next six ingredients and pour into bowl or bag.
Mix in walnuts and top with feta cheese.
This is absolutely delicious. Our kids love raw bell pepper. I thought about fire roasting the pepper prior to mixing it in, but I like the crunch of it in this recipe. It looks super pretty this way, but I think if I’m making it for just the fam again, I’ll cut everything a little smaller.
This post is shared at·Tuesdays at the Table,·Slightly Indulgent Tuesday,·Tasty Tuesday, Delectable Tuesday,·Tempt My Tummy Tuesday,·Delicious Dishes,·Real Food Wednesday, Recipe of the Week, Hearth and Soul, and Tasty Tuesday.