After a day of culinary debauchery, we’re going to take a break this evening and have our leftovers mixed into a green leafy salad. I think this will be light and delicious and may put a dent in some of our leftovers. You can do this with just about any leftovers. I’ve used our “turkey” roast, our roast vegetables that accompanied that turkey (sweet potatoes and onion), cranberries and walnuts.
- 1 head Bibb lettuce
- 1 cup (about 1/4 recipe) Maple Glazed Turkey Roast, cubed
- 1/2 cup sweet potato, roasted and cubed
- 2 tablespoons onion, roasted and diced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Poppyseed Dressing or Balsamic Vinaigrette, to taste
Tear lettuce into bite-size pieces. Mix lettuce with remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
Wow. This salad was incredible and was definitely a welcome lighter version of our Thanksgiving treats. We went with poppyseed dressing, but kept it on the side. The kids prefer to dip their lettuce and toppings into their “dressing dip.”
Still have leftovers? Try a Vegetarian Turkey Perfect Sandwich.