It’s that time of year in the South apparently. We have a bit of an annoyance issue at our elementary school this year. And, when I asked why I wasn’t told about a certain issue, I was told I should always use precautions and always check at home throughout the school year. Boosted the annoyance factor significantly for me, but such is life. So, this is the new blend of essential oils I’m going to add to my daughters’ daily shampoo to allow them to enjoy school annoyance free. We’ve made both a school days essential oil shampoo blend AND a spray for days in between washings. I hope you can find this useful for your little ones. You can use whatever shampoo you like, but my kids and I really like the lavender shampoo.
Lice Prevention: School Days Essential Oil Shampoo Blend or Spray
For spray, omit shampoo, add a pinch of salt and the essential oils to an 8 ounce spray bottle of water instead.
Add essential oils to a bottle of shampoo (less if partially used) and shake. You can use your own favorite shampoo, but I really like the Lavender Volume Shampoo from Young Living. It’s great for myself and the kiddos to use. Use shampoo daily or as needed to allow your children to enjoy school days annoyance free.
We shampoo our girls’ hair about 2-3 times per week. In between, we’ve created a spray using the same oils, a pinch of salt, and water in an 8 ounce spray bottle. We’ll be using that daily. Good luck mamas in your annoyance free endeavors!
Love it? Pin it, please!
- 8 ounce bottle Lavender Volume Shampoo (I buy mine HERE)
- 20 drops Thyme essential oil
- 10 drops Geranium essential oil
- 10 drops Lavender essential oil
- 10 drops Tea Tree essential oil
- For spray, omit shampoo, add a pinch of salt and the essential oils to an 8 ounce spray bottle of water instead.
- Add essential oils to a bottle of shampoo (less if partially used) and shake. You can use your own favorite shampoo, but I really like the Lavender Volume Shampoo from Young Living. It's great for myself and the kiddos to use. Use shampoo daily or as needed to allow your children to enjoy school days annoyance free.
Due to spam, I've decided to close comments on posts older than 14 days. PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I'm an affiliate with Amazon.com. If you use Amazon and would like to help me earn a little money to enable me to keep providing you excellent content, click this link for my favorite Julienne Peeler. You do not have to buy the item, but I'll receive a very small commission on anything you buy on Amazon within 24 hours. Thank you for your support!