We love tomato soup, especially with grilled cheese sandwiches. And I am a firm believer that soup, especially this one, is not just for fall and winter. Fresh garden-grown tomatoes are at their peak now and are sure to make this recipe truly delicious.
Adapted from Homemade Tomato Soup.
- 2 tomatoes, chopped (or 1 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes)
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup soy cream (optional)
- Parmesan cheese substitute (optional)
Oh yum! This was so creamy and delicious and I didn’t even add the cream. Absolutely loved this soup.
This post is shared at·Tuesdays at the Table,·Slightly Indulgent Tuesday,·Tasty Tuesday, Delectable Tuesday,·Tempt My Tummy Tuesday,·Delicious Dishes,·Real Food Wednesday, Recipe of the Week, Hearth and Soul, and Tasty Tuesday.