Today’s This Week’s Cravings theme is 5-INGREDIENT MEALS. This chickpea dish makes a great change-of-pace from fish for Lent Fridays. I’m sharing one of our family’s new favorite burrito, quesadilla and taco fillings, which can also be eaten as a side dish. The kids and I love these chickpeas. (The husband isn’t a big fan of chickpeas, but he actually thinks these are “OK.”)
- 2 cups dry chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 cup Homemade Salsa
- 15.25 ounces corn, undrained
- 1 pint (about 2 cups) Easy Slow Cooker Vegetable Broth
- enough water to cover chickpeas with about 2 inches of water over them
Place all ingredients in your slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, until chickpeas reach desired tenderness. Serve as a side dish or on a Homemade Tortilla with desired toppings as tacos, burritos or
Fantastic! And so simple. I set this up when I went to bed and had chickpea filling ready in the morning to dole out for quesadillas at lunchtime. The kids and I LOVED it.
This Week’s Cravings Upcoming Linky “THEMES”
Here is a complete list of the past and what’s coming up next on THIS WEEK’S CRAVINGS!
- March 12: St. Patrick’s Day – GO GREEN
- March 19: CHOCOLATE – CHOCOLATE & MORE CHOCOLATE
- March 26: Freezer Meals (fix them and freeze for later)
- April 2: Easter Cookies & Treats
If you are a regular link-up we’re excited to see what you made this week. If you are new please read and follow the simple rules, so that everyone can enjoy the linky party! If you forget to follow the theme, your post will be deleted. Please don’t feel hurt, just come back and link up a recipe that follows the theme. Thanks a million, we look forward to blogging with you!